The Best Core Gear You Can Craft And Why
In the past, when someone in Game of War: Fire Age asks about the "Best Core Gear", they stirred up quite a debate. We all had our opinions where one core set was better than another in a given situation. However, Mz has taken much of the guess work out of choosing the best core sets with their many "secret recipes" posted to the in-game blog. We will simply call these "Mz Recipes".
Below is a list of the Best Core Sets by troop type and wonder/tile war.
Maximize Your Core Crafting with Salvager's Gear Set
First, it doesn't matter what Cores you choose, if your Hero is not set up properly, you greatly reduce the effectiveness of your Cores.
Always use a Salvager's Gear Set. The Salvager's Set increase the duration of your Cores and reduces the cost of crafting.
Hero Skills Needed for Core Crafting
Next, properly skill your hero tree tree. This involves going down both the left and right side of the tree. On the right side do just the minimums down to Base Set Bonus (Hero 57 required), max this out. Put the minimum in Troop Training, then max out Core High Range Boost (Hero 58) and max out Duration (Hero 60). Now go over to the left side and do only the minimums down to Full Set Bonus (Hero 60) and max it out, Core Crafting Luck (Hero 65).
I use my Salvager's Set when Blessing my teammates. So, I place all the points I need in the various blessings skills.
|Hero Construction Blessing|
|Hero Training Blessing|
|Hero Research Blessing|
|Gathering Speed Blessing|
|Troop Health on Tile Blessing|
|Dungeon Ability Damage Blessing|
|Troop Defense on Empire Blessing|
|Troop Health on Empire Blessing|
|Blessing Friend Multiplier|
|Blessing Self Multiplier|
Also, I use Salvager's Set when I'm crafting my Potions. So, I place points in "Potion High Range Boost" (Hero 74) as well.
Do as you like with your remaining Hero points, but I grab as many defense points on the left side as I can in case someone tries attacking while I'm crafting or I forget to switch to fighting gear when I'm finished.
Altar Defense is very strong because of the multiplier to Defense of 80%. Test different combinations of the Hero Skill Tree.
Now You're Ready to Craft
Recipes can be found in the Secret Core Recipes.
View the Highest Special Attack Bonuses here.
Official Game of War or Mz Recipe Core Sets
The Best Cores to Craft in Game of War per troop type are the following:
Infantry Core Sets
- Styx Core Set - Fategod's
- Ice Perses - Destruction God
- Black Friday Perses - Destruction God
- Perses - Destruction God
- Nike - Victory God
- Zeus - Thunder God
Ranged Core Sets
- Ice Aura - Airgod (Blue)
- Black Friday Aura - Airgod (Black)
- Aura - Airgod (Gray/silver)
- Artemis - Forest God
- Poseidon - Depthdweller
Cavalry Core Sets
- Ice Luna - Moongod (Blue)
- Luna - Moongod
- Black Friday Bacchus - Twisted
- Bacchus - Twisted
- Ares - Wargod
- Frostbitten - Arctic
Wonder and Tile War Core Sets
- Ice Legend27 - The Legend (Blue)
- Ice Atlas - Brawn God (Blue)
- Black Friday Legend27 - The Legend (Black)
- Black Friday Atlas - Brawn God (Black)
- Legend27 - The Legend
- Atlas - Brawn God
Custom Core Sets
Custom Sets are those core sets that are crafted without following a Core Forge Set Recipe officially released in Game of War Fire Age such as Styx Core Set.
However, if you use all the cores without the pieces of the "Mz Recipe" you will enjoy the Set Bonuses without the Extra Set Bonuses. The Extra Set Bonuses are only rewarded if you also use the required pieces from the Mz Recipe.
The Ultimate GoW Core Crafting Guide
- Article 1: GoW Core Crafting Basics
- Article 2: The Essential Core Crafting Strategies You Need to Succeed
- Article 3: How To Craft Great Core Gear
- Article 4: Crafting Cores With A Purpose
- Article 5: Crafting Your First Core
- Article 6: When You Should Craft and When You Shouldn’t
- Article 7: The Most Under Rated Core Gear
- Article 8: The Best Core Gear You Can Craft And Why
- Article 9: Core Crafting Guide
- Article 10: How To Get The Most Out of Cores